carb tune/air filter

Moderator: Forum-Wächter

Re: carb tune/air filter

Beitragvon Pedro » Di 5. Mai 2015, 07:53

Hi Macdee,

i don't know what's easier for me.
Reading your english words, or reading the attempt from the translator to write german. :lol:
Gruß,
Peter

Sixth Member of "Dirty Old Men" Bild
(Codename: "the polisher" )
Pedro
Dreigelbhelmträger
Dreigelbhelmträger

Beitragvon macdee » Di 5. Mai 2015, 23:40

Torn hat geschrieben:probably you should make a ultrasonic cleaning on the carb, change gaskets and proofe the fuel-level. 5mm below the gasket is recommended even Yamaha says 6 ±1mm. Look for a needle-kit like Dynojet. Depending on the bike, you´ll need another secondary mainjet (in 90% it´s no good idea to increase mainjetsize!). Take a relaxed weekend and drive many tests with the change needle(s) and drilled slider. Remind every little lack in speeding up, holding throttle at different speeds, idling etc. With a good description, I can help you quite good with any more needed modification if you cannot eliminate small problems yourself.
Your valveclearance is okay, I hope! Probably you can remove the manifold and look into both tubes fastened at the cylinderhead. Look the weld inside, sometimes its looking like himalaya - try to flaten this - a really good idea for that bike!

thanks Torn
i will give this a try
what about a sigma kit any good (cheaper than the dynojet )
i will not get to work on the bike for a week or two as i will be going to the North West 200 any one on here going to this race

http://www.northwest200.org/

Depending on the bike, you´ll need another secondary mainjet (in 90% it´s no good idea to increase mainjetsize!) not sure what you mean ? :? sorry !!!
i will take a grinder to the Himalayas :)
macdee
hält es hier immer noch aus

Beitragvon macdee » Di 5. Mai 2015, 23:42

Pedro hat geschrieben:Hi Macdee,

i don't know what's easier for me.
Reading your english words, or reading the attempt from the translator to write german. :lol:

it confuses me more and i write it :? :|
macdee

Beitragvon Torn » Mi 6. Mai 2015, 04:35

something missing
Depending on the bike, you´ll need another secondary mainjet (but in 90% it´s no good idea to increase mainjetsize!)

I just meant they are writing to increase mainjet-size but for the TT600 this is no good idea because they are really rich tuned in stock. Sometimes it´s necessary to increase the pilot jet - but don´t care about that at the moment!

The sigma kit I never tried but might be the same like dynojet (that only includes 1-2 needles, some drills and a operating instruction).

so go for grinding the himalaya :D
Torn

Beitragvon macdee » Mi 6. Mai 2015, 15:37

now i understand about he main jet

now on to the himalaya and carb setting

thank you Torn

oh would a k&N filter be ok as twin foam are hard to get over here
macdee

Beitragvon Torn » Do 7. Mai 2015, 05:12

A foam Filter is better on offroad rides because the K&N cannot remove 100% of the dust! After a desert ride you´ll see the dustcoatin inside the intake with K&N :)
Torn

Beitragvon macdee » Sa 6. Jun 2015, 10:31

ok Herren Ich habe die carb gereinigt und eine Schaumluftfilter installiert ist, ein 3mm Loch in der Folie des zweiten carb das Motorrad fühlt sich ein wenig besser aus Halb auf Vollgas zu langweilen, aber es scheint schlanke tief unten und schneidet im Leerlauf dies kann mit der Kraftstoffschraube fixiert werden
oder brauche ich, um das Pilotstrahl zu erhöhen, auf das Ziehen des Drossel auf Leerlauf die Maschine schneller läuft

ok men i have cleaned the carb and installed a foam air filter , then bored a 3mm hole in the slide of the second carb the bike feels a little better from half to full throttle but it seems to be lean low down and cuts out on idle can this be fixed with the fuel screw
or do i need to increase the pilot jet , on pulling the choke on idle the bike runs faster :positive:

dank Macdee
macdee

Beitragvon Torn » Sa 6. Jun 2015, 18:09

Leave your google translator - I think we´ll understand your english quite well :)

Try this:
First check the screw for the fuel-air-ratio at idling - if you cannot solve the problem go on like this:
Driving 3rd gear at about 55km/h on speedometer! (Try often from 50-60 on a plain road)
If the engine isn´t running smooth at this throttel-position, I´d recommend to increase the pilot jet by one size.
Is it running good, try a bigger main jet! Changing this is cheaper for primary side, but probably you´ll need a bigger one for secondary carb :(
Torn

Beitragvon macdee » Fr 29. Jul 2016, 01:44

Hi men i'm back again
trying to get the carb tuned
i have put the 3mm hole in the slide and set the fuel screw as best as i can the bike idles well and runs good up top
the only problem is a flat spot at about one quarter throttle or mat be when the second kicks in
i know you have said to put a jet/needle kit in but they are expensive and some Dynojet people say they are not for the belgarda
it is a lean spot as when i pull the choke the bike goes better
poilet jet is a 48
any help would be appreciated

Thanks Macdee
macdee

Beitragvon Torn » Fr 29. Jul 2016, 04:23

Hi again,
you checked your fuel-level as I told you (5mm below gasket) ? Have you checked to enrich by the fuelmixture-screw totally? Did you change needles?
Perhaps its exactly the point when the second carb is switched on - in this case you need different needles. Or try to lift them by 1/2 or 1 groove (not really recommended!)
Torn

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Tipps und Tricks