carb tune/air filter

Moderator: Forum-Wächter

Re: carb tune/air filter

Beitragvon macdee » Fr 29. Jul 2016, 15:54

Torn hat geschrieben:Hi again,
you checked your fuel-level as I told you (5mm below gasket) ? Have you checked to enrich by the fuelmixture-screw totally? Did you change needles?
Perhaps its exactly the point when the second carb is switched on - in this case you need different needles. Or try to lift them by 1/2 or 1 groove (not really recommended!)

Hi Torn i have cleaned the carb and set the float height like you said and also did the rolling test
your right it seems to be right at the point of the second carb coming in
what are the best needles and where do i get them
i have set the fuel screw to 1 1/2 turns this is best for idle as the bike was cutting out before

thanks for your help before and also now

i have not been on the bike due to needing a new knee :cry:
macdee
hält es hier immer noch aus

Beitragvon macdee » Fr 23. Dez 2016, 01:22

hi men
i am back with my knee knee and hope to get to ride this tt600
i still have a problem with the card i have cleaned it loads of times but still have a problem at idle and when the carb opens about 1/2mm the bike cuts out
48 pilot
the bike does not get a chance rev up but just dies
i have adjusted the fuel screw and that does not help
what sizes do the pilot jets go up in as i think i would need a 55
thanks in advance
macdee

Beitragvon Torn » Sa 24. Dez 2016, 20:25

Your carb is synchronized well? At about 7mm opening for primary carb, the throttlevalve begins to open on secondary and have to be full open at max opening....
Pilotjet you can buy in 2. steps - its easy tohandle with the article-number: partnumber plus half jet-size (last 2 number) is the article! so probably you´ll need a 54!
But the dying seems to be another problem! What about your sparkplug/-coil !? The ignition ist loaded by a seperate coil in the generator - this delivers about 80V into the CDI. Please measure the resistance of this coil (brown to red wires) and if possible the voltage there. If your carb is really clean, this could be a problem with low current for loading the capacitator fast enough on higher rpm etc...
Torn

Beitragvon macdee » Mi 11. Jan 2017, 00:54

Hi Torn
I got a some new pilot jet and tried 48 first and the bike starts very well know
The old jet must have been dirty
The bike still has a flat spot at quarter open
I have lifted the second needle to the fourth mark and no difference
The needle is 2.4 MM at the thickest part is there any thinner needles around
The carb is set best for flat out and about 7 MM to open second carb
Forgot to say that I have a large Leo Vince exhaust
macdee

Beitragvon Torn » Do 12. Jan 2017, 18:18

Have you tried to unscrew the Idle-Mixture-Plug - fully oben it´s maximum 2 steps bigger than the pilotjet - lets say the 48 you can open up to max 50 (not really). At quarter open the needle will not effect your mixture - search for a 50 pilotjet or buy it (yeah about 15-20 bucks, I know :? ). I´m really sorry of lacking this one as I sent you the parts - probably you can measure the new jet and grind the dirty one as a cheap solution :) good luck with your knee aswell 8)
Torn

Vorherige

Zurück zu Tipps und Tricks