TTR engine blocked

Alles rund um die Technik der TT600

Moderator: Forum-Wächter

Re: TTR engine blocked

Beitragvon Torn » Do 12. Jan 2017, 18:52

Der Kopf ist mit noch einer kleine Inbusschrauben zusätzlich fest etwa am Kettenspanner (also 7 insgesamt) - der Ventildeckel ist etwas schwierig zu entnehmen, da z.B. im oberen Halter eine Schraube sitzt (sehr verdeckt) und man den Deckel bei eingebautem Motor auch etwas herausdrehen muss - das Nockenwellenzahnrad stört hier für "einfach nur abnehmen". Wenn der Kopf unten ist, müsste der Fehler spätestens zu sehen sein oder es hängt echt an der Steuerkette...
Torn

Beitragvon TEWESHS » Sa 14. Jan 2017, 11:04

Torn hat geschrieben:Der Kopf ist mit noch einer kleine Inbusschrauben zusätzlich fest etwa am Kettenspanner (also 7 insgesamt) - der Ventildeckel ist etwas schwierig zu entnehmen, da z.B. im oberen Halter eine Schraube sitzt (sehr verdeckt) und man den Deckel bei eingebautem Motor auch etwas herausdrehen muss - das Nockenwellenzahnrad stört hier für "einfach nur abnehmen". Wenn der Kopf unten ist, müsste der Fehler spätestens zu sehen sein oder es hängt echt an der Steuerkette...

@Torn,

Du hast natürlich Recht - an die Schraube neben dem Steuerkettenspanner hatte ich echt nicht mehr gedacht. Es sind 7. Den Ventildeckel hat er ja schon runter (Video).

@Jolan

Torn is right. There are seven screws - I forgot about the one close to the tentioner.

Gruß

Thorsten
TEWESHS
wollte einen gelben Helm
wollte einen gelben Helm

Beitragvon Jolan » So 15. Jan 2017, 17:13

Thank you all, I managed to get the head off. What i found was a lot of carbon build-up on the piston and especially at the exhaust side of the piston. There was even a carbon bridge formed at the top of the cylinder. I didn't do any cleaning on the pictures, the carbon bridge collapsed when I rotate the piston. Therefore there is alot of loose carbon particles on top of the piston. The main thing is that the piston can rotate again! The valves look all right as far as my knowledge goes. I can't believe that it was just the carbon buildup that causes the blockage but maybe it's more common?

As pictures (and movies) says more then words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XnVjbTskA

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

I am curious what is normal and whats not from this pictures. Is there a good method to clean valves and piston from carbon buildup?
Thanks!
Jolan
vielleicht meint er es ernst

Beitragvon Torn » So 15. Jan 2017, 19:14

hmm, hat etwas viel Öl verbrannt oder recht bescheidenen Sprit bekommen, aber nicht wirklich ungewöhnlich. Du hast serienmäßig ,5mm Platz vom Kolben zur Quetschkante am Zylinderkopf - ob, das so viel Rückstände sind :?: :!: :?
Mit einem Drahtbürstenaufsatz für Bohrmaschine oder ähnliches bekommst du den Dreck super weg - lieber dünne Drähte oder sogar ne Messingdrahtbürste nehmen, aber insegsamt unkritisch. Mit nem Winkelschleifer (Flex) würde ich das nicht machen, da sind die Bürsten zu hart für das Alu. Nockenwelle und -lagerstellen sehen gut aus, Kipphebel usw. auch alles okay.
Torn

Beitragvon TEWESHS » So 15. Jan 2017, 19:38

It looks to me like having a problem with the airbox or the intake fitting of the carburator. Small parts of sand or dust? Have you driven a lot off road? First clean it, check the fittings and take a closer look on the airbox wether it is leaky.

Greatings

Thorsten
TEWESHS
wollte einen gelben Helm
wollte einen gelben Helm

Beitragvon Jolan » So 15. Jan 2017, 21:00

The bike had done 3 weeks offroad riding in Iceland, the last part in Denmark we drove the bikes on the beach for the last 5km. After that I cleaned it (quick scrub with a garden hose) and never started it for 3 months until last month and it blocked. Bike used quite some oil during the trip, at least 750ml. During the disassembling I noticed that i could separate the left intake rubber from its steel body. Replaced both intake rubbers already in 2013 (Kedo) so thats some poor quality....Bike run fine during the trip, no lean surging or starting problems. Always started in 1 kick warm or cold. If the bike was cold I did 4 "priming" kicks and used the choke off course. Will give the airbox a closer look

Thank you for the comments and thinking along!

Short movie from our time in Iceland for the interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVGLsZOHTkI&t=8s
Jolan

Beitragvon TEWESHS » So 15. Jan 2017, 23:47

Great video from your trip! Now we know about the trouble. Clean it, fix it and that's it. If you need some help for readjusting your time chain - don't hesitate to ask for some help :-)

Greatings from OWL

Thorsten
TEWESHS
wollte einen gelben Helm
wollte einen gelben Helm

Beitragvon Jolan » Mo 12. Jun 2017, 16:27

In the mean while i clean it, fix it and now i ride it again with a big smile! Thank you all for the information.

I do want to give some additional information on the problem as it seems I fixed a problem which i was unaware of (leaking intake rubber) with adjusting the carb to let it run properly. I rode the bike with the needle raised 1 clip and with mixture screw 5 turns out and with LeoVinci exhaust. I rode the bike for 5000km without problems but i think it was running far too rich (even with the air leak) causing a increase in carbon buildup.

After putting back everything and installing new intake manifolds i noticed i couldn't get it run properly, always surging and irregular idling. I had to put the needle back in the OEM position (middle position) to let it idle properly and with the mixture screw 4.25 turns out it runs beautiful.

I would say, learning by error. :D
Jolan

Beitragvon Torn » Mo 12. Jun 2017, 19:16

nice to hear a feedback :-)
..and as I say: the stock settings are really good made on this bike ;-)
Torn

Vorherige

Zurück zu Technik